Refresh page if the story does not load!

A DEATH FROM MAGGOTS

July 2016

After receiving the call about a kitten dragging himself around a yard, our humane officer immediately responded. 

Once this little one was back at the shelter, the sad reality of his condition was revealed. His little body was literally being eaten alive from an infestation of maggots. We gave him the name of Buttons, and then we did the only thing we could do. We held him close and released him of his suffering. In our minds, we like to think of Buttons running and playing again. 

Please reload